What I am doing now?
Updated: March 22, 2022
Hot, hot, hot
- Participating in the course: To think with machines. Ethics and technology with Luis Montero.
- Cocreating the course UX for Project Managers for Telefónica. I will be teaching about the history of design and UX.
- New website. Completed with the help of designer Cesar Velasco. For convenience and speed, we have used WordPress. Fonts are PT Serif and PT sans with collage-like illustrations made by me.
- New talk: Introduction to virtual reality for user experience designers in the International Design Foundation forum.
- Member of the Digital Payments team at Telefónica Movistar as a global UX product designer. I’m designing the next generation of digital payments infrastructure for global Telefónica.
- Studying C#, Unity3d and Blender. I am taking courses at Udemy, Crehana and the mini-degree in Virtual Reality at Zenva Academy.
- (Completed) Research on a workflow between project managers, designers and developers.
- Meditating on writing a book on the Cosmogony of Tantric Shivaism in Kashmir. My idea is to write a chapter a month that can be accessed through Patreon. After about 18 months I would have the complete book. I’m looking for related ideas and solutions
- As a fan of Afro-Cuban culture, I have a Telegram channel where I share historical data, curiosities, videos, etc. with Cuban music as the central axis: https://t.me/elsontellama
- Topics related to research and experimentation between interface, virtual reality, augmented and mixed reality. As a concept, I am interested in artificial intelligence and video game design.
- Usability and accessibility.
- The ethics of design.
- Product design processes and workflows.
- India. I have been studying Yoga and Meditation for more than 10 years. I am interested in everything related to their culture, philosophy and religion. Both classic and contemporary.
- Drupal. I really like this CMS and especially the community that supports it.
I’m looking for
- Projects that allow me to work remotely (100% or partial). Right now I am living between Spain (Madrid), the United Kingdom (London) and Poland (Warsaw). My idea is to be able to stay in Spain (preferably Madrid or in the Andalusia area).
- As a freelancer, I charge an average of 350-400 euros per day (40-50 € / h) for projects of 40 hours a week and more than three months. The price per hour increases if the duration is shorter. I am open to a permanent contract.
- Projects related to design teaching and research.
- Virtual, augmented and/or video game reality projects. I would like to be part of the interaction, prototyping, research and UX team.
Thanks for getting here. If you want, you can get to know me better as a designer or read my blog where you can read my latest articles and reflections on design.